Want to be the first to know about our latest UCA vacancies?
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive job openings directly to your inbox!
List of current vacancies:
1 | Lawyer (Deadline: 31 Jan. 2021)
2 | Travel and Transport Coordinator/ Receptionist (Deadline: 02 Feb. 2021)
3 | Part-time Entrepreneurship programme Instructor (Deadline: 03 Feb. 2021)
4 | Human Resources Intern (Paid Internship) (Deadline: 05 Feb. 2021)
5 | Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Department: Office of Legal Affairs (OLA)
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 31 January 2021
- Timely draft and review contracts and other legal documents;
- Undertake research, draft legal memoranda and provide legal analysis and recommendations on a variety of issues arising from UCA’s activities;
- Review and comment upon internal policy documents, guidelines, regulations and manuals;
- Assist with OLA’s projects and initiatives (intranet, knowledge management, etc.);
- Translate various documents from and/or into Tajik, English and Russian;
- Other related assignments, as required.
- Specialist Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in law (LLM would be an advantage);
- A minimum of three years of experience as a lawyer (experience with well-known law firms is desired);
- Good researching, drafting and communication skills in Tajik, English and Russian;
- Ability to research and knowledge of Tajik law (Kyrgyz and Kazakh laws, when necessary);
- Good planning, organization and attention to details;
- Strong work ethic, client confidentiality;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing;
- Ability to independently interact and communicate with the stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong organizational and document management skills.
Travel and Transport Coordinator/ Receptionist
Position: Travel and Transport Coordinator/ Receptionist
Department: Operations Department
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 02 February 2021
- Solicit and obtain transportation needs from staff. Analyze and determine most cost effective/efficient mode of transportation
- Make reservations (cars, vans, charter buses, shuttle services) and provide continuous follow up.
- Investigate and resolve problems; negotiate reduced charges/credits and rates for transportation services.
- Supervise, review and facilitate all transportation payments via check request, purchase order.
- Supervise the work of the drivers.
- Advise campus community about transport options/issues and driver availability.
- Monitor all transportation activities and follow up with travellers and service providers to ensure needs are met.
- Follow up payment procedures and requisition process on SAP system.
- Replace by performing administrative and other duties in the absence of Administrative Officer for campus operation during vacations.
- Make Travel Requests on SAP for drivers.
- Performs receptionist duties by greeting University employees, students, and visitors, directing them to the appropriate offices or persons, providing factual information or materials to routine inquiries (within the capability to do so and within prescribed policies), answering the telephone, taking messages or routing calls according to office procedures utilizing organizational familiarity and necessary discretion, and making appointments as appropriate.
- Assists in the arrangements and organizational affairs for campus visits.
- Make reservations (hotels, guest house and campus apartments) for short term UCA visitors.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant or similar experience related work experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof.
- Fluent oral and written English and local used language.
- Knowledge record keeping requirements.
- Knowledge of MS Office software programs.
- The ability to operate electronic, photocopier or other standard office machines, perform routine alpha-numeric filing tasks, and perform basic recordkeeping and tabulation tasks.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and high accuracy;
- Proven strong communication and negotiation skills, and client orientation, good listening skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and with on and off campus contacts.
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of motivation, tact and diplomacy; use independent judgment and priority setting; good listening and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to focus on multiple tasks, deadlines and exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently.
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Part-time Entrepreneurship programme Instructor
Position: Part-time Entrepreneurship programme Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 03 February 2021
- Teaching Entrepreneurship programme assigned according to the category both face-to-face and online upon the request of MAA on recommended platforms;
- Coordinating groups and ability to supervise not more than 20 students;
- Participating in proposals development of new/existing Entrepreneurship programme, upon request of the MAA;
- Participating in marketing campaigns of SPCE courses and programmes;
- Consistently keeping a record of participation of individuals and other documentation flow both in paper and online (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports);
- Ensure that the lessons are planned and delivered in a highly participative and interactive manner and responsive to the request and suggestions of the students;
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms;
- Performing extra-curricular activities with students;
- Advising students on programme curricula and career decisions;
- Other related tasks based on need and agreement;
- Observe classes on a quarterly basis.
- University degree in education, social sciences, Entrepreneurship;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in teaching Entrepreneurship;
- International certifications confirming pedagogical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Russian and Kyrgyz language skills a requirement;
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and ability to transfer knowledge to participants.
- Flexibility, client-oriented approach, and ability to adjust to change circumstances and needs.
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable.
- Students evaluation grade not lower than 80%;
- The average testing score of the group is not lower than 75%;
- Assessment by the Manager of Academic Affairs not lower than 4.0;
- To verify of at least 50 final and intermediate exams;
- To observe at least 4 classes.
Human Resources Intern (Paid Internship)
Position: Human Resources Intern (Paid Internship)
Department: Human Resources
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: 05 February 2021
- Support Human Resources team with administration and coordination tasks;
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents under a supervision of HR team;
- Will be responsible for making meeting and logistic arrangements;
- Under the supervision of HR Team, assist with recruitment initiatives. Sort incoming resumes and log them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets. Complete and mail out regret letters;
- Ensuring that procedures are performed correctly;
- Ensuring that confidentiality and professionalism is maintained;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the HR Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources;
- Ability to priorities tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills;
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment;
- Detail oriented, self-starter, independent with initiative;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Russian;
- Advance computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Database Outlook).
Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Position: Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Department: Advancement and Public Affairs
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Assist the Director of APA in developing and achieving fundraising goals, strategies, plans and objectives for potential donors in Central Asia.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts from corporations, and high net worth individuals in Kazakhstan.
- Prepare fundraising proposals and gift opportunities for solicitating donations from existing as well as new prospects.
- Identify and analyse information pertinent to the development of relationships with potential individual donors and corporations.
- Prepare and present fund raising status reports to University officials.
- Develop and administer recognition policies, and establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors.
- Visit donors, donor organisations, and foundations throughout Kazakhstan to raise awareness of the University’s programmes, new initiatives, and achievements, with the objective of soliciting gifts.
- Supervise and implement an effective programme of communication and stewardship for all donors and prospects.
- Organise events on campus and elsewhere to showcase key programmes and achievements of UCA, with the objective of creating awareness and seeking donor support.
- Plan and manage various campaigns and annual giving drives to achieve established fund raising targets and goals.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers in various donor geographies, to ensure they become effective in donor research, cultivation, solicitation (where appropriate), and follow up.
- Establish systems for the effective tracking of fundraising drives, pledges, collections, acknowledgement of gifts, and timely collection of pledges.
- Cultivate relationships with Central Asian and international media to give UCA greater regional and global exposure.
- Provide strategic guidance to all entities and officers of the University on communications and marketing, media engagement, and donor event planning and management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of APA.
- Master’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields. Relevant experience in lieu of a Master’s degree may be considered in exceptional cases.
- At least ten years of experience in the corporate, business, or marketing profession. Previous fundraising experience is desirable.
- The ability to motivate volunteers to engage with potential donors, and ensure effective follow up.
- Maturity and ability to work with senior persons including UCA’s management team.
- Ability and stamina to travel regionally and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fundraising and communications for an innovative institution like UCA requires the ability to think creatively, and a strong commitment to the mission and objectives of the University.
- Demonstrated record of establishing relationships and rapport with the media.
- Fluency in English, Kazakh, and Russian. Ability to speak in Kyrgyz and Tajik, an asset.